View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 05:19 AM   #28
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/19 - New York, NY - City Center

This is the first time I have ever written on this site......I was at the show last night 5/19........As in all things with me...it takes a while for things to sink in. The show was incredible!!! I have seen at least 10....i would have to say when I seen them in Miami, it may have been better as I was one of the very very few people ever to see "ticks and leeches" live which was incredible.....I also saw them in a 5000 seat hockey arena in Fitchburg Ma. when they first came out and I only knew Sober and Prison sex....but this was like they were playing in your living room....As for this show, I always read that the vocals suck......the only time i would agree with that statement is on Rosetta Stoned which is their first song in crazy small venues...I think that's why the vocals on that particular song suck....but, do you think tool has idiots running their show???? They fix it right up and the vocals are perfect --the rest of the night........Also, i hear a lot of people wanting to play their old stuff like Prison sex or crawl away........I would do anything to hear these songs, but to me....tool has gone way past that and i think from knowing this band pretty good, that they would tell you that would be like taking a first grade test...it is too easy for them.....I think they are always trying to "pushit" to a new level which is why we like them. Also, this whole little tour is about practicing and playing their new songs....I hope they switch it up a little tonight 5/20 and play "The Pot" or "10,000 days". I would rather hear them , then "Right in two." Also, i was with an incredible girl i met and a guy who went to Philly....he said Philly sucked as Maynard was sick and this show was 10,000 times better. I loved the concert, i happen to love all the songs in it--except maybe "Rosetta stoned"...can't wait to go tonight---orchestra level---which is the only way to see these guys at this show.....i was in the first rows of the mezzanine and could hardly see Adam and Justin....but, i disagree with one of the last writers.....noone sat down one time in the mezzanine......
OFFLINE |