View Single Post
txhifiguy
05-10-2006, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Okay as far as I can see.....NOBODY has a better system than this guy....WOW!!!
Oh yeah!

Power Conditioning/Delivery: Richard Gray Power Company "Substation" isolation transformer and a Richard Gray "400 Pro" for perfect power

Amp/Receiver: B&K AVR507 7.1 THX Receiver

CD/DVD player: Sony DVPS-9000ES SACD/DVD player

Speakers: Boston Acoustics 7.1 Hidden Theater System
3 - VRI793 front speakers
2 - VRI595 surrounds
2 - VRI580 back channels
4 - Sub10F subwoofers being driven by 2 Boston SA1 Amplifiers (The front 2 subs are wired as the .1 channel, the back 2 subs are wired to the left and right surround channels.

When/ or if live DVD ever comes out, I have a 100" Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk", and an Epson Cinema 800 projector.

Obviously, "10,000 days" is a CD, so it's in 2-channel, but the B&K, with THX post processing, does a great job mixing the disc in multi-channel. The CD is very well recorded, probably one of the best rock recordings ever. I'm glad Tool mixed this CD with more "bottom-end" (that's bass) than on "Lateralus". Lateralus (great album of course) sounded a little thin, and edgy. They got it right with this CD, much warmer sounding. I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.

Cheers
Old 05-10-2006, 10:16 AM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Setups you've heard 10K days on....(Audiophiles!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff
Okay as far as I can see.....NOBODY has a better system than this guy....WOW!!!
Oh yeah!

Power Conditioning/Delivery: Richard Gray Power Company "Substation" isolation transformer and a Richard Gray "400 Pro" for perfect power

Amp/Receiver: B&K AVR507 7.1 THX Receiver

CD/DVD player: Sony DVPS-9000ES SACD/DVD player

Speakers: Boston Acoustics 7.1 Hidden Theater System
3 - VRI793 front speakers
2 - VRI595 surrounds
2 - VRI580 back channels
4 - Sub10F subwoofers being driven by 2 Boston SA1 Amplifiers (The front 2 subs are wired as the .1 channel, the back 2 subs are wired to the left and right surround channels.

When/ or if live DVD ever comes out, I have a 100" Stewart Filmscreen "Firehawk", and an Epson Cinema 800 projector.

Obviously, "10,000 days" is a CD, so it's in 2-channel, but the B&K, with THX post processing, does a great job mixing the disc in multi-channel. The CD is very well recorded, probably one of the best rock recordings ever. I'm glad Tool mixed this CD with more "bottom-end" (that's bass) than on "Lateralus". Lateralus (great album of course) sounded a little thin, and edgy. They got it right with this CD, much warmer sounding. I had a chance to hang out with Billy Howerdel (APC) right after "13th Step" came out, and we were talking about recording techniques, and he mentioned during final mixing of 13th Step, that he added an extra 1/2 dB in the bottom end to take the edge off.

Cheers
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote