View Single Post
SpiralReflection
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM

Correct where I'm wrong please, I need to educate myself as far as audio quality and this seems like it may be a good thread to ask some stuff

Being a CD that isn't in 5.1, doesn't it sound more distorted on surround sound systems? What is an ideal setup for playing CD? Simplying finding 2 high quality stereo speakers and a receiver?

I play it through my Xbox 360 and my Onkyo 1000-watt 7.1 home theater, but on stereo since it is CD. I've been hesitant to use surround speakers for a source that isn't 5.1 or higher.
---
I also must say I thoroughly enjoy the sound on my Shure noise canceling headphones I got as a gift, they're definitely worth the $300 my dad paid
Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Setups you've heard 10K days on....(Audiophiles!!!)

Correct where I'm wrong please, I need to educate myself as far as audio quality and this seems like it may be a good thread to ask some stuff

Being a CD that isn't in 5.1, doesn't it sound more distorted on surround sound systems? What is an ideal setup for playing CD? Simplying finding 2 high quality stereo speakers and a receiver?

I play it through my Xbox 360 and my Onkyo 1000-watt 7.1 home theater, but on stereo since it is CD. I've been hesitant to use surround speakers for a source that isn't 5.1 or higher.
---
I also must say I thoroughly enjoy the sound on my Shure noise canceling headphones I got as a gift, they're definitely worth the $300 my dad paid
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote