View Single Post
bloodydecember's Avatar bloodydecember
05-07-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaul
ok i've gotten jumped on for mentioning this in other thread but I'll try it here too, anyone else think that maynard might not have just written 3 songs about his mom, how about pushit, she pushes her religion on him, he fights back, is angry says horrible things, writes cruel songs, but "remember i will always love you, as I claw your fucking throat away"
Then The Patient, about reconciling and the pain that you go through when you reconcile after a nasty break, the schism, about the act of reconciliation.
And finally Reflection, about accepting death, and that it's going to happen and it might not be a bad thing.
These along with jimmy, and Judith, and Wings.
Remember this is an opinion section, no one can have a right or wrong OPINION

I'm not trying to jump down your throat but your interp of reflection is totally off. Maynard says in an interview with a college professor from boston that the song is about the purity of information and how the human ego obscures that information and takes credit for it, much in the same way that the moon would take credit for the sun's light, even when it is only a reflector (as full and bright as I am, this light is not my own and a million light reflections pass over me). We are reflecors of knowlege and information that does not truly belong to us.

Kudos for the attempt though. I can see pushit and the patient in the argument but schism and reflection seem a little bit of a stretch to me.

Last edited by bloodydecember; 05-07-2006 at 06:57 PM..
Old 05-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #110
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The real meaning of 10000 Days (worth reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmaul
ok i've gotten jumped on for mentioning this in other thread but I'll try it here too, anyone else think that maynard might not have just written 3 songs about his mom, how about pushit, she pushes her religion on him, he fights back, is angry says horrible things, writes cruel songs, but "remember i will always love you, as I claw your fucking throat away"
Then The Patient, about reconciling and the pain that you go through when you reconcile after a nasty break, the schism, about the act of reconciliation.
And finally Reflection, about accepting death, and that it's going to happen and it might not be a bad thing.
These along with jimmy, and Judith, and Wings.
Remember this is an opinion section, no one can have a right or wrong OPINION

I'm not trying to jump down your throat but your interp of reflection is totally off. Maynard says in an interview with a college professor from boston that the song is about the purity of information and how the human ego obscures that information and takes credit for it, much in the same way that the moon would take credit for the sun's light, even when it is only a reflector (as full and bright as I am, this light is not my own and a million light reflections pass over me). We are reflecors of knowlege and information that does not truly belong to us.

Kudos for the attempt though. I can see pushit and the patient in the argument but schism and reflection seem a little bit of a stretch to me.

Last edited by bloodydecember; 05-07-2006 at 06:57 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote