View Single Post
win's Avatar win
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? You're kidding right? The title is fucking JUDITH, it doesn't get much clearer that that. Not to mention Fuck your GOD, your LORD, your CHRIST, he did this! I hope you're kidding and not seriously that stupid!
In all fairness Judith's meaning first of all isn't that obvious. For a year or so before i knew who Maynard mother was (which is a scary concept that we are all talking about his mother online... I wonder how he feels... then again he put it out...) I thought it was some obcure biblical reference relating to christ. Song's like Judith show Maynard's unbelievable ability to make messages allegorical and hold more than one meaning. For example before knowing MJK's mother's story
"You're such an inspiration for the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How the savior has abandoned you
Fuck your God"
Makes perfect sense understood as MJK adress Jesus as a person who thinks they are a prophet in a world that, unknown to him, doesn't have a god. Much like Eulogy.

I think it is amazing how MJK can do this with so many of his references and I don't think it is just to 'fuck with people' as some people in some threads have mocked. Rather I think it is to show a connection between different themes, emotions, and types of thinking. I think of them much more as unbelievable literary devices.

MJK is a mastermind in so many ways...
Old 05-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #99
win
Alive With Signs and Stars

Bincount™: 548
Re: The real meaning of 10000 Days (worth reading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamadia
LOL ARE YOU SERIOUS? You're kidding right? The title is fucking JUDITH, it doesn't get much clearer that that. Not to mention Fuck your GOD, your LORD, your CHRIST, he did this! I hope you're kidding and not seriously that stupid!
In all fairness Judith's meaning first of all isn't that obvious. For a year or so before i knew who Maynard mother was (which is a scary concept that we are all talking about his mother online... I wonder how he feels... then again he put it out...) I thought it was some obcure biblical reference relating to christ. Song's like Judith show Maynard's unbelievable ability to make messages allegorical and hold more than one meaning. For example before knowing MJK's mother's story
"You're such an inspiration for the ways
That I'll never ever choose to be
Oh so many ways for me to show you
How the savior has abandoned you
Fuck your God"
Makes perfect sense understood as MJK adress Jesus as a person who thinks they are a prophet in a world that, unknown to him, doesn't have a god. Much like Eulogy.

I think it is amazing how MJK can do this with so many of his references and I don't think it is just to 'fuck with people' as some people in some threads have mocked. Rather I think it is to show a connection between different themes, emotions, and types of thinking. I think of them much more as unbelievable literary devices.

MJK is a mastermind in so many ways...