View Single Post
soulslot
05-03-2006, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqueringSun_of_Teegeack
If you view the Bardobeing painting at his website, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, the writing is on all of them. I'm sure its his signature but even on the biggest file I found, I couldn't make it out zoomed in.

jc

Yeah, this is true. It is mostly likely just "Alex Grey 2002" or whatever the date is for copyright purposes. This painting is something that grey did a while back and was just kinda thrown into the booklet , there is absolutely no change to the image from the original painting other than placing in position for stereoscopic viewing. It then makes sense that some of the newer images specifically designed for the album do not have have this copyright information while this particular piece would. If anyhone finds anything out to the contrary, however, id be interested to find out. I love secret messages as much as the next guy. Long live the cult!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10
Re: Hidden Writing in the Yellow and Blue pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqueringSun_of_Teegeack
If you view the Bardobeing painting at his website, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, the writing is on all of them. I'm sure its his signature but even on the biggest file I found, I couldn't make it out zoomed in.

jc

Yeah, this is true. It is mostly likely just "Alex Grey 2002" or whatever the date is for copyright purposes. This painting is something that grey did a while back and was just kinda thrown into the booklet , there is absolutely no change to the image from the original painting other than placing in position for stereoscopic viewing. It then makes sense that some of the newer images specifically designed for the album do not have have this copyright information while this particular piece would. If anyhone finds anything out to the contrary, however, id be interested to find out. I love secret messages as much as the next guy. Long live the cult!