View Single Post
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
05-10-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexum420 View Post
I dont think they sound like rehashes. There were some really rough recordings where you couldn't hear the litter intricacies i think. Search Justin Rucker on youtube. there are some really high quality recordings of both songs on there from the birmingham show. Some of the best sound iv heard from any live tool recordings. You can hear a lot more of the song i feel.
When I started playing Tool riffs on the bass I realized that most of their songs (radio hits anyway) are the same 4 or 5 notes offset with an open D. It’s real easy to roll into the wrong song. At first First I was a little let down by this, but I think I read somewhere that Danny’s set is tuned to the key of D or something like that?
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 05-10-2019, 08:20 PM   #6045
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexum420 View Post
I dont think they sound like rehashes. There were some really rough recordings where you couldn't hear the litter intricacies i think. Search Justin Rucker on youtube. there are some really high quality recordings of both songs on there from the birmingham show. Some of the best sound iv heard from any live tool recordings. You can hear a lot more of the song i feel.
When I started playing Tool riffs on the bass I realized that most of their songs (radio hits anyway) are the same 4 or 5 notes offset with an open D. It’s real easy to roll into the wrong song. At first First I was a little let down by this, but I think I read somewhere that Danny’s set is tuned to the key of D or something like that?
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote