View Single Post
randomtoolfan
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM

I don't really get all the negativity here, bands should be allowed to change , especially over 20 years time. I think Maynard's just a little more subdued now, and it must be less interesting for him to play work he created so long ago. The issues/emotions expressed in those songs probably aren't very relevant to him anymore.

I'm not sure i'm convinced that he's disrespectful to his fans, he seems just kind of introverted to me, which I like.

If it is true that he doesn't like his fan base these days, maybe it's because they're so quick to criticize him for not remaining the same as he was in the 90s. Or perhaps since he realized that so many of his new fans from the last decade group Tool with Nu Metal and stuff. You have to admit Tool fans do have a bit of a stigma...people are always very surprised to find out that I like them since i'm not a 'typical' Tool fan in most people's eyes.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

I don't really get all the negativity here, bands should be allowed to change , especially over 20 years time. I think Maynard's just a little more subdued now, and it must be less interesting for him to play work he created so long ago. The issues/emotions expressed in those songs probably aren't very relevant to him anymore.

I'm not sure i'm convinced that he's disrespectful to his fans, he seems just kind of introverted to me, which I like.

If it is true that he doesn't like his fan base these days, maybe it's because they're so quick to criticize him for not remaining the same as he was in the 90s. Or perhaps since he realized that so many of his new fans from the last decade group Tool with Nu Metal and stuff. You have to admit Tool fans do have a bit of a stigma...people are always very surprised to find out that I like them since i'm not a 'typical' Tool fan in most people's eyes.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote