View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
If you don't like Prison Sex you really need to question WHY you don't like it. Maybe you're just an anti-Quay person (the artists who likely inspired this video's style), and that's fine, but you need to appreciate how meaningful this video is. I think it goes amazingly well with the song, with everything, and like others have said, it is without a doubt my most favorite Tool video. I think the worst is probably Parabola, which is so strewn-out and hard to correlate with anything that I can't really enjoy it. It also seems to have panned out of the darker themes from similar songs even like Schism--then again, that makes sense, because of it being the song Parabola...

Either way..... woo! Go Prison Sex. Personally I marvel at Adam Jones suddenly taking the reigns fully and making such a great video. Whereas in past people had produced... well, Hush, which made a point, but made that same point for about 2:48... and Sober, the precursor to what would really shine through in (obviously) Prison Sex.