View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #111
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle0 View Post
Well, it wouldn't surpise me if they followed the same chronology as Zepplin since they are Tool's main influence.

But anyways, Maynard is smarter than that. He probably knows about Zepplins' mistakes so he wouldn't make them again.

Tool isn't playing old songs because it was the 10,000 DAYS TOUR. If you see a bar and it says The Homosexual Bar. Are you going to think there's homosexuals in there? Um yeah you will. [Nothing against gay people, was just using a reference.] So you see it's the 10,000 Days tour, so they'll play mostly 10,000 Days' songs. With the few bonus tracks like Lateralus and Schism. Be happy that they play that, they could just play some 10,000 days songs and leave.

I don't believe they're getting worse. 10,000 days was their Blue's album like they stated. It was a very emotional album. I doubt they will stay like that. Either they go back to their old roots or even experiment more and make something different.

I'm not saying that I didn't expect 10,000 Days songs because I understand it's the 10,000 days tour. However, what I am complaining about is the fact that they played the same exact 10,000 Days songs five shows in a row! I would have been satisfied if out of one of the five shows I did see, they played "Right in Two" perhaps? How come that song just got cut and every other song off the album got played? And I'm not complaining about not hearing Sober or Prison Sex, I heard those songs before. It's just that they only played their popular songs off of Ænima and Lateralus. 46 & 2, Stinkfist, and Ænema; Schism and Lateralus, those were the most popular and frequently played (including on the radio) songs of those two albums. It seems as though by playing those non-deep album cuts, they were catering to the "casual" fan. Couldn't they have played The Patient, H., Pushit, just as easily? Or off of Undertow, couldn't they have played Bottom, Flood, Crawl Away, 4 Degrees, Undertow? It's been a dream of mine to see those songs live, and I'm beginning to think that I never will, which scares me a lot. And another thing, I've read that Tool doesn't perform H. and they've never performed Jimmy because those songs have some kind of significance to Maynard, well, if that's the case, why are they performing Wings and 10,000 days every show? Given the personal circumstances behind those songs, you'd think it would follow the same precedent as H. and Jimmy. In the end, it all comes down to the fact that I spent nearly $350 to see my favorite band five times, and every time was an exact replica of the time previous to that. Forgive me then, if I feel a little cheated.

Last edited by zapatista976; 10-16-2006 at 07:54 AM..
OFFLINE |