View Single Post
Old 10-15-2006, 05:36 PM   #109
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista976 View Post
What do you mean get over myself? Since when did being a fan of a band require you to accept anything you are given with praise and thanks? The last time I checked, unquestioning fans accepting anything they are given without critique leads to the downfall and disintegration of a band. Look at Led Zeppelin, they're last two albums were awful, yet Presence (1976) went platinum from pre-orders alone. On a related note, at least Led Zeppelin played songs from their earlier albums all the way until Bonham's death in 1980. I'm just saying that the more tool fans unquestionably accept everything they are given, the more likely that tool will follow the same tragic chronology as Led Zeppelin or even Metallica (let it be clear however, that I do not like Metallica). Not to start any fueds or anything, but I think the best thing a tool fan could do is keep the band honest and true, otherwise we may end up with an overweight, gimmicky, and cheesy reflection of what tool once was; (this is an allusion to elvis's transformation throughout the years). Anyway, I invite any replies as I'm sure they'll be in the character of telling me that I'm not the real fan, etc. :)

I'll end this with an apt paraphrase of a quote: "Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning, a non-functioning mind is clinicly dead. Believe in Nothing." From this quote I would ascertain that even tool would not recommend following them blindly or believing in the infalibility of themselves. Cheers.

Well, it wouldn't surpise me if they followed the same chronology as Zepplin since they are Tool's main influence.

But anyways, Maynard is smarter than that. He probably knows about Zepplins' mistakes so he wouldn't make them again.

Tool isn't playing old songs because it was the 10,000 DAYS TOUR. If you see a bar and it says The Homosexual Bar. Are you going to think there's homosexuals in there? Um yeah you will. [Nothing against gay people, was just using a reference.] So you see it's the 10,000 Days tour, so they'll play mostly 10,000 Days' songs. With the few bonus tracks like Lateralus and Schism. Be happy that they play that, they could just play some 10,000 days songs and leave.

I don't believe they're getting worse. 10,000 days was their Blue's album like they stated. It was a very emotional album. I doubt they will stay like that. Either they go back to their old roots or even experiment more and make something different.
OFFLINE |