View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
12-05-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Round trip Sea-tac to Phoenix: $74.58 (spirit airlines)
Single concert ticket in lower section 114 plus fees: $120ish
(Also, my mom’s birthday is the day after the show and she’s in AZ... so that helped me justify the trip to the wife.) But coming in under $200 out-the-door is pretty reasonable.

Just like Denver a month ago- it cost me more to see them in my own state in 2017. At The Gorge: add 2 tanks of gas, a camping ticket, and $100 in the ice chest. Even to see them at key arena in Seattle I’m paying ferry/bridge tolls, parking/Uber... it all adds up.

Now that I think about it, most of the Tool shows I’ve seen, I traveled to... and the cost of traveling is usually less than face value concert tickets. Plus, Tool is the only reason I have ever been to

Chicago
San Francisco
San Diego
Denver
Las Vegas

</wakeandbakecoffeeramblings>
Traveling to see Tool is a shiatload of fun, for sure. I love it. Along with multiple domestic cities (Vegas, Phx, NYC, etc), I'll add Belgium/Brussels as a place I had not thought of going to before I made the trek to see them there. Worth every penny.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:53 PM   #6836
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimminginmusic View Post
Round trip Sea-tac to Phoenix: $74.58 (spirit airlines)
Single concert ticket in lower section 114 plus fees: $120ish
(Also, my mom’s birthday is the day after the show and she’s in AZ... so that helped me justify the trip to the wife.) But coming in under $200 out-the-door is pretty reasonable.

Just like Denver a month ago- it cost me more to see them in my own state in 2017. At The Gorge: add 2 tanks of gas, a camping ticket, and $100 in the ice chest. Even to see them at key arena in Seattle I’m paying ferry/bridge tolls, parking/Uber... it all adds up.

Now that I think about it, most of the Tool shows I’ve seen, I traveled to... and the cost of traveling is usually less than face value concert tickets. Plus, Tool is the only reason I have ever been to

Chicago
San Francisco
San Diego
Denver
Las Vegas

</wakeandbakecoffeeramblings>
Traveling to see Tool is a shiatload of fun, for sure. I love it. Along with multiple domestic cities (Vegas, Phx, NYC, etc), I'll add Belgium/Brussels as a place I had not thought of going to before I made the trek to see them there. Worth every penny.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote