View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26
Re: 2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkFister
"Couple of other things about the long wait in line. Danny refused to sign a setlist because the guy didn't have a purple pen. Also, Adam came in with some new luggage which was probably why he was at Macys."

I also met Danny, outside the verizon wireless center in manchester, NH, during the Lateralus tour and the same thing happened to me. I asked for an autograph and he said "yeah, if you have a purple pen." I thought he was joking so i handed him my ticket and a blue pen, he started signing and stopped, handed it back to me and said "its not purple, sorry." So I asked for a pictured with him and he said "Sorry, no pictures guys, thanks for coming out to the show though." We were pretty dissapointed, but snapped a few pics of him descretly while walking away.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my off topicness, but I have always found it funny to have people sign things or get pictures with them. Memories can still be good, you don't have to date them. This is part of the reason why they do this. If you just tried to converse with them without alterior motive, you'd be fine and they would at least give you some time of day. Signatures and pictures just make it a joke.

What is better?

"Ohh I got Danny Careys autograph"

or

"I got to talk to Danny Carey"

Don't make these guys feel any weirder than they must already. Picture posing and signing things are tedious ( I really don't believe they have to "respect" any kind of so called "responsibility" they have to you as a "fan")

Just be a person to a person.

How would you feel if you were walking ANYWHERE and have people ask you for picture or autograph for the better part of 15 years? You'd be fuckin' tired or it too.

-Just being friendly

Peace

Last edited by 200L; 05-25-2006 at 10:38 PM..
OFFLINE |