View Single Post
kkrempie
07-13-2007, 08:00 AM

well, i knew it would happen. my first show, and there is a drunken belligerent idiot behind me who kept talking about this and that. kept bitching about what they did between songs, which i thought was incredible and made the show that much better, and on top of that, there were two kids in front of me who sang along to two songs, schism and vicarious, and didnt even seem to know that much of any other songs. they would headbang simultaneously, waiting for the other's approval for the appropriate time to headbang and were constantly throwing the devil's horns in the air, blocking my friends view. not only that, but they sat down during wings &10K days, and most of lateralus. talk about disrespectful, but to hell with them. besides all of this, i had a great time at the show, although i was disappointed that they didnt play anything special considering they cancelled last time they were in wisconsin and never made it up, it was the 4th of july, and it was the 40th anniversary of summerfest. i guess i just had too high of expectations however. flood was absolutely mindblowing, and i got chills at the end of danny's solo in 46&2. overall, a great time, but im still kicking myself for passing up the chance to see them in 02' which from what i hear was the time to see them.

did anyone else here a little bit of a "third eye" tease before they broke into flood?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:00 AM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/04 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest

well, i knew it would happen. my first show, and there is a drunken belligerent idiot behind me who kept talking about this and that. kept bitching about what they did between songs, which i thought was incredible and made the show that much better, and on top of that, there were two kids in front of me who sang along to two songs, schism and vicarious, and didnt even seem to know that much of any other songs. they would headbang simultaneously, waiting for the other's approval for the appropriate time to headbang and were constantly throwing the devil's horns in the air, blocking my friends view. not only that, but they sat down during wings &10K days, and most of lateralus. talk about disrespectful, but to hell with them. besides all of this, i had a great time at the show, although i was disappointed that they didnt play anything special considering they cancelled last time they were in wisconsin and never made it up, it was the 4th of july, and it was the 40th anniversary of summerfest. i guess i just had too high of expectations however. flood was absolutely mindblowing, and i got chills at the end of danny's solo in 46&2. overall, a great time, but im still kicking myself for passing up the chance to see them in 02' which from what i hear was the time to see them.

did anyone else here a little bit of a "third eye" tease before they broke into flood?
OFFLINE |