View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #96
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

Terriffic show. I've seen over a hundred shows from Jethro Tull, Phish, NIN, Widespread Panic, P-Funk, A Perfect Circle, Ben Folds, Dave Matthews Band, Primus, etc.....but this was far and away the single greatest show i've ever seen.

I'm a musician (guitar) and have been an avid (maybe obsessive) TOOL fan since around '99. I've waited that long to witness these guys live (they came to VA twice, but i couldn't attend either show). The wait was easily worth it.

The lazers, lights, stage setup and everything was great from Sec. 121 row J. I love how clean everything looked. Maynard seemed in good spirits (however i'm sick of hearing Bush being picked at during every show i've been to in the last few years.....we get it, you don't agree with him.......but it's D.C so i guess i knew it was coming). As for his voice, i thought it was on point with most screams in tact. Stinkfist is an awesome opener by the way and the entire setlist was fine for me. Obviously the highlights were 10,000 Days (worth the price of admission alone), and Lateralus kills. The lighters were cool as well. No low points in the setlist for me. Old stuff is cool, but it's all TOOL, doesn't matter to me....they coulda played Maynard's Dick for the set ender and i woulda been fine with that. TOOL is TOOL, all of it is amazing

Danny Carey is probably the best musician i've ever seen in person...i'm no drummer, but it doesn't take any knowledge of the drums to realize that this guy is that special. Adam is great and has been a huge influence on my own sound. Maynard is what Maynard is, there's no one like him. Justin is damn near the top of my bass player list (a close 2nd behind Victor Wooten).............but this is so easily the most talented band on the planet today. It's nice to see that these guys do their own thing and are so successful at it. It makes me wonder how they'll be seen years from now in the history of music. No one else like em.

I'm hoping for some Va Beach and Richmond dates next time around.

Travel to see these guys if you have to.......don't miss this band
OFFLINE |