View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/02 - Adelaide, AUS - RA&HS Showgrounds

After reading all the listed posts about last nights show I am at a loss with some of the statements. i am a dedicated tool fan, I have had many in depth discussions about all there lyrics from all albums, and have even played a couple of there songs live. I feel I have a fairly good understanding of what tool is about.
I feel tool like to have everybody thinking for them selves and not being sheep, but I don’t understand why Maynard feels he has to disrespect his fans. We all know that in a large crowd of alcohol induced people, there is going to be those that are not going to be capable of controlling themselves. His not singing parts of songs could be as simple as he is not up to it on the night. But as a comparison when we saw pearl jam a few weeks ago Eddie was as crook as and still gave his all to the fans. i am not sure if Maynard realises that without us the fans he would be broke. A show is a show. A job is a job. Not all fans want to be in a book club set up and just talk about messages. That is something for us to all find out for ourselves meeting and talking to like minded tool fans.
I enjoyed last night show, the crowd was what I expected it to be like. A few lyrics missing and even repeated. The mistake at the end of Rosetta stoned was a good reminder that tool are still human. Justin really looked like he was loving life and the crowd. Adam even moved around more than I have seen him do in any of the shows that I have seen(5). Danny is a god of a musician. How does he do it. All the little changes were really cool and to hear an older song like swamp song was really cool. Funny really that most posted comments are bagging the crowd when to Quote the man himself….

But still you stumble in stumbling.
So suffocate
or get out while you can.

Please Maynard treat the crowd with some interaction. Your lyrics and stage presence is amazing, but your manners are that of a spoilt child sometimes. Most people I talk to agree that having you interact with the crowd when you toured with A Perfect Circle was a much better look.
OFFLINE |