View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:54 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 29
Re: 2007/02/02 - Adelaide, AUS - RA&HS Showgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman View Post
See, that's what worries me too. That's why I want McRoggles to clarify a remark, 'cause I hope there is a better reason than you've stated. A guy who can write such unique and incredible lyrics, and then vocalise them the way he does on recorded material. Why would he be such a fuckhead during live shows?

Doesn't make sense to me.....
Well, being at the sydney gig, i noticed the part of vicarious he didnt sing, but i noticed something else. When he didnt sing it, he simply pointed the mic at the crowd as everyone was shouting:

"Viiiiiiicariously I, Live while the whole world dies"

He then took over and sang:

"Much better you than I"

Personally, I think hes showing us how we are ALL hypocrites, and i stress WE, not YOU. We can bellow out with all our energy:

"Viiiiiiicariously I, Live while the whole world dies"

yet, i rekon ALL the people who did that wouldnt actually think twice about what they were saying, and what it meant. In other words, we wouldnt do anything about the fact that the majority of the world is living vicariously while the rest of the world dies. I think maynard is seeing that a lot of fans are really just becoming sheep flocking to see TOOL, just because, ITS TOOL!!!!

As he said at gigs on the lateralus tour, take this experience right now, and create something posititve. Is anyone doing that???

From an interview a while back:

Maynard: "Were doing the best we can, and were trying to send a message, but it just doesnt seem to be working".
OFFLINE |