View Single Post
NewOrleans
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Saw the show in Houston the night before because we traveled to see the Saints vs. Texans. This was my 15th show and 4th on the 10,000 days tour.

If this was your first show, you will think it's the greatest Tool show on earth. Being my 15th, I have to give my honest opinion that it's evident they're getting older and can't perform at the level that once was in the 90's, even early 2000. The sound and performance is great, but the energy (with the exception of Danny) is no longer there.

I guess some of us have been spoiled as Maynard was more animated and proactive in years past. The Houston show was quite boring, primarily because we know what to expect.

10,000 days is a great album, but the songs live just don't compare to those of Undertow, Opiate, and Aniema. Some of you will disagree and that's ok.

It's just hard for me to appreciate the new Tool when the Old Tool performances were like nothing else life had to offer.

Looking forward to see what the future holds
Old 11-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Saw the show in Houston the night before because we traveled to see the Saints vs. Texans. This was my 15th show and 4th on the 10,000 days tour.

If this was your first show, you will think it's the greatest Tool show on earth. Being my 15th, I have to give my honest opinion that it's evident they're getting older and can't perform at the level that once was in the 90's, even early 2000. The sound and performance is great, but the energy (with the exception of Danny) is no longer there.

I guess some of us have been spoiled as Maynard was more animated and proactive in years past. The Houston show was quite boring, primarily because we know what to expect.

10,000 days is a great album, but the songs live just don't compare to those of Undertow, Opiate, and Aniema. Some of you will disagree and that's ok.

It's just hard for me to appreciate the new Tool when the Old Tool performances were like nothing else life had to offer.

Looking forward to see what the future holds
OFFLINE |