View Single Post
Khadgar346's Avatar Khadgar346
11-18-2007, 11:57 PM

Drove to Nola from Austin catching all three of the shows. My trip ended in New Orleans and it was much fun. Not many people get to say that they saw Tool three times in a week! Unfortunately the set list did not change for all the shows. It would have been nice to get one or two different ones but I can't complain, I saw it coming. I was drunk as fuck for this show, I didn't even sit in my section I had a ticket for. The security of the New Orleans arena is a complete joke. There were a few empty seats around too, my friend was able to get into the front row of one of the side sections.

At the end of the show Justin crumbled up his set list and threw it at my friend. I'll try to post a picture of it when I can. We figured it would be cool and try to see if we could get any of the band to sign it for him. We waited in the back of the arena where the tour buses and crew buses were at for a good half hour. For some unknown reason the police were extremely rude and was told we couldn't stand by the baricade and we needed to go wait across the street. I thought it was rediclous that I was being yelled at for nothing so I drunkenly tried to argue with him until he threatened to put hand-cuffs on me. After waiting a bit more across the street a women came out to the baricade holding some papers and a pair of danny drum sticks. Shelee, Justin's wife was very nice to every one and told us that the band members are really nice but they are shy. She asked us who was following the band on acid and then started to hand out the swag. From what I could see the papers were signed by the band. After talking with a couple of the crew members, they told us they aren't coming out so my friends and I heading the french quarter.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:57 PM   #24
On Probation

Bincount™: 12
Re: Nov 17 New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

Drove to Nola from Austin catching all three of the shows. My trip ended in New Orleans and it was much fun. Not many people get to say that they saw Tool three times in a week! Unfortunately the set list did not change for all the shows. It would have been nice to get one or two different ones but I can't complain, I saw it coming. I was drunk as fuck for this show, I didn't even sit in my section I had a ticket for. The security of the New Orleans arena is a complete joke. There were a few empty seats around too, my friend was able to get into the front row of one of the side sections.

At the end of the show Justin crumbled up his set list and threw it at my friend. I'll try to post a picture of it when I can. We figured it would be cool and try to see if we could get any of the band to sign it for him. We waited in the back of the arena where the tour buses and crew buses were at for a good half hour. For some unknown reason the police were extremely rude and was told we couldn't stand by the baricade and we needed to go wait across the street. I thought it was rediclous that I was being yelled at for nothing so I drunkenly tried to argue with him until he threatened to put hand-cuffs on me. After waiting a bit more across the street a women came out to the baricade holding some papers and a pair of danny drum sticks. Shelee, Justin's wife was very nice to every one and told us that the band members are really nice but they are shy. She asked us who was following the band on acid and then started to hand out the swag. From what I could see the papers were signed by the band. After talking with a couple of the crew members, they told us they aren't coming out so my friends and I heading the french quarter.
OFFLINE |