View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #65
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoolfan View Post
Great show! Section 1, 6th row, well worth the money. Loved the encore of Vicarious, Lateralus and Aenema. Perfect.

However, what's with all the anti-moshing talk? I prefer to MOVE when I see Tool--they stir me up into movement. Does that make me a moron? Maybe those of you that just stand there and watch need to come out of your shells a little more and have some fun! News flash, moshing can be quite fun! I'm over 30, and would be glad to mix it up during songs like Jambi and Vicarious--Not to injure people intentionally, but to express myself physically--Is that a f_ucking crime? Jesus!

The fact that there was no pit was lame, in my opinion, and will always be so when seeing a band like Tool--I almost didn't attend because of this--but I made my own 2' by 2' pit. "Thanks" to security for letting me move a foot into the isle to enjoy myself!
Thats fine that you prefer to move, but do you realize how selfish your logic is? A lot of people prefer to enjoy tool in a different way and simply absorb the music. The problem is the same as with smoking in public, really. If I choose not to smoke, that only affects me, not anyone else. But if I choose to smoke, that affects everyone else and makes the choice for them. If I choose not to mosh, again, that only affects me and no one else. But if I choose to mosh, that affects everyone in my vicinity, who gets bumped and pushed whether they want to or not. The choice to mosh then, like the choice to smoke in public, is a fundamentally selfish and inconsiderate one. And its not only about injuring people. You seem to be saying that as long as you're not intentionally injuring people then its ok. You can still ruin someone's concert experience without actually injuring them. You're basically saying that what YOU prefer to do takes precedence over what other people around you prefer. I'm glad security did a good job and didnt really let anything happen last night.
OFFLINE |