View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #63
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

NOTHING compares to the ENERGY of TOOL.

knowing i was in the same room with those four people was incredible.

i do agree with what someone said earlier, which was that i wasnt pulled in to the meditation like i expected to be, although it was still a complete spiritual experience. plus, i was pretty far away.

i like it when bands dont ruin the moment with alot of talking and jokes, like a shitty band like green day does. the entertainment is the music, and alot of talking distracts from the focused atmosphere. i think thats tool in general, the mystery makes it powerful.

i also thought it was witty of them to just sit and stare at us for awhile, kinda like, "how bout you entertain us, bitch? oh wait, you cant. welp, back to it, then." i realized then how much i was relying on them in that moment, and how much anticipation there was from the whole crowd, and from the years in between albums.

really wanted to hear pushit, hooker with a penis, h., eulogy, prison sex, sober, jimmy ("under a dead ohio sky"...), BUT was blown away by the 10k days songs. ive always thought they were soundtrack-like, and live they def conveyed a sort of multi-dimensional feeling.

climax:
"give me my, give me my, give me my wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

UNBELIEVABLE
experimental creativity that is unmatched
back to real life, uhhh
OFFLINE |