View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/08 - Nantes, FRA - Le Zenith

Tool fan for long time - no need to give credentials. Maynard is not the singer he used to be. Hard to accept I know, you wanna think the best but face it Tool is no longer the greatest live show to see as it undoubedely was on the Lateralus tour. Perhaps screaming during the Grudge night after night for 2 years has contributed to Maynard's vocal collapse along with all the other screams. Maybe it would've paid off to mix up the setlist now and then. Now Maynard seems resentful towards audiences that pay money to see his stout frame look unmistakably disinterested and what's even better is that Tool puts on the worst show they ever have but charge more than ever before. Maynard acts like a 3 year old! He punishes paying people by playing or not playing songs. He leads us to believe we are being rewarded if we see a 90 minute show. Mr. Keenan has it backwards ebcause he thinks we're so lucky to witness his greatness but in reality it is he who is lucky enough to have his greatness witnessed. I'm great but it's unknown for the most part. Not as lucky as maynard. So what does someone who has an out of control ego do when their talent betrays them and reminds them they're approaching their mid forties? They make excuses and that's what MJK does now. He's sick, it's the smokers, the fans annoy him blah blah blah excuse, excuse, excuse. I don't pay money to watch man with a Napolean complex talk down to me. The Lateralus tour was positive and I left feeling inspired. Now I leave feeling cheated. MJK should stay in the vineyards because that is what makes him happy now. We should all strive to make the world a better place not a more miserable one. Misery loves company and Maynard's inviting 15000 people to join him each night. One last thing; I've been to 8 shows and heard Schism 8 times and Eulogy zero times. That's bullshit! Mix it up! No wonder they look so bored up there. Schism is a boring song and I'm bored hearing it over and over. Every time I hear the intro I contemplate booing the band but assume it would be counterproductive cuz they'd cut out Aenema or somethin.
OFFLINE |