View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 03:40 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/08 - Nantes, FRA - Le Zenith

Hi,

First time ever I saw Tool live, so I was kinda nervous about it :)

First of all, I gotta congratulate Mastodon. It sure was not cool for the staff to open door a few moments before their performance and for the band to see people choosing their seat or where they'll stand during their show. I've got to add that their sound was absolutely awful. The voices were too weak, the basses were too loud and sometimes you couldn't understand shit of the songs.

Then came Tool. And man, was it impressive. The sound was perfect, just perfect. They began with Stinkfist if I remember correctly and it was just powerfull. I was hoping for them to mix the old ones with the new ones and that's just what they did : Wings part I and II, Jambi, Lost keys/Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious (last one) but also Forty Six & 2, Schism, Lateralus... The setlist was great as far as I'm concerned. I was just disappointed not to hear/see The Pot and especially Right in Two and of course Aenima and Parabol/Parabola.

What was really frustrating was the length of the show. One hour and a half. Period. Well, although I'm not that young, I can still hold on for another hour or so ;) Not even an "encore", nothing. They finished Vicarious, hugged themselves, Danny threw his sticks (man I should have got one) and bye, bye everyone, time to go home... Well, maybe I'll get more next time...

Still, a brilliant show in a really cool place (Zenith Nantes)

Special mention to the crowd wo was cool and thanks for the beer offered by some guy (who appeared to be English) which really set me in the mood for a great night ;)

Oh, one more message dedicated to Tool staff : I know there's a paranoia with the Internet, but man, keeping people's cellulars just because they are taking pictures is kinda extreme, isn't it ?

Charles
OFFLINE |