View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 06:07 AM   #4
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/08 - Nantes, FRA - Le Zenith

yeah, i was there, no aenima, i reckon maynards vocal cords are tired, he didnt sing the last few lines on vicarious. in general the show was good, better than the spring tour anyway, but still far from the 2002 tour. i was a bit dissapointed having read the reviews for the recent shows, i was expecting it to be better really. they played the first half of the gig a little bit slow, which doesnt help maynards voice for holding notes and getting a nice flow going, the singing was kinda stop/start a lot of the time.
highlights were wings, lateralus and schism.
i think this was probably the first time since april that they didnt end with aenima, and the fact that maynard didnt sing the end of vicarious kinda left an empty feeling on the whole gig.
oh yeah and no one smoked in the hall at all, but he still wore the mask....maybe to isolate the mic from the drums and guitars? so he doesnt have to push his voice that extra little bit.
seeing them again tomorrow in paris, hoping for aenima and a bit more enthusiasm from maynard. the others were flawless really.
i think maynard might need to have an operation on his vocal cords when the 10k days tour is finally over. 6 albums in 10 years and virtually non stop touring has paid its toll, and without maynard at his best, tool is dead, and thats not melo-dramatic, its an understatement.
OFFLINE |