View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

WOW!!! JUST FUCKING WOW. Second Tool show.

It was fucking great, I was in section 201, row G, seat 10.

I got there early so I could make sure that I saw Isis, they were awesome.

Alright, Tool came on, I pissed my fucking pants. Stinkfist started out the show, great opener, lots of energy. Then came The Pot, It sucked though, cuz everyone was talking when Maynard began the intro, and he used a regular voice. Then came Forty Six & Two, amazing as always. After that was Jambi. Jambi is great live, the visuals owned. Schism started up, with Mantra leading into it. I thought it was Lost Keys though, as I was too struck to even remember the setlist. During the middle of schism, Adam came on stage and started rocking out, and Danny did an amazing fucking solo. Then it was Rosetta, no Lost Keys. RS owned fucking ass.

Now get this, after Rosetta Stoned, Nardo baaahs like he used to at the scientologist (I yelled out "FUCK SCIENTOLOGY" if anyone heard that). Opiate was phenomenal, I'm so glad they played that rather than Right In Two, there was an amazing fucking extension to Opiate. Then Merkaba and Sober, great as ever. Now Lateralus, this is where they busted out the heavy artillery. Some kick ass effects. The ending was the highlight of the show. Then the sitdown. Vicarious had some awesome warping "net of being" video to go with it. Aenema of course, the best thing ever. I think I teared up a little during the song.

Btw, if anyone heard 2 people yelling "RIDE THE SPIRAL" before Lateralus, that was me and my buddy.

UsefullidioT, they might not have been the exact versions, but they were intros to the songs. I call them that because that's what the intro's to the songs are.

Some maynardisms:

"We'll be back in the begining of the new year...scouts only."

The "BAAAAHHH" of course! I feel so lucky to have heard that. Then Maynard was like "here's an old joke for ya..." he waited a few secs and went into Opiate.

After Vicarious he said "Good night, peace....the fuck out."

At the end of The Pot, he sang "Eyeballs deep in bloody water, pupils deep in muddy water, ganja police..."

During Aenema, he once again replaced L. Ron Hubbard with Rupert Murdoch, like at the last show here in Denver. It wasn't that clear then, but it was perfectly clear this time.

Btw, I noticed that I was the only person out of everyone around me who knew Rosetta Stoned. I really got into it in the first verse, and my friend was like "sing it chris" and that jsut blew me off course, so I shut up.

Last edited by anarcho-commie; 08-31-2006 at 06:31 PM..
OFFLINE |