View Single Post
The Dharma Bum
05-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLost
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.
I won't find God in the Bible either. It was written by the hand of man, and man voted on what was to be gospel, silencing the voices of other Christians. If I want to find God, I'll look within my own heart. If you have found God in the bible, have at it, but don't try to tell me who, or what God is. Are you God's spokesman? Do you claim to be privy to some divine message that the rest of us are to ignorant to comprehend?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #61
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLost
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.
I won't find God in the Bible either. It was written by the hand of man, and man voted on what was to be gospel, silencing the voices of other Christians. If I want to find God, I'll look within my own heart. If you have found God in the bible, have at it, but don't try to tell me who, or what God is. Are you God's spokesman? Do you claim to be privy to some divine message that the rest of us are to ignorant to comprehend?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote