View Single Post
HeavenLost's Avatar HeavenLost
05-12-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dharma Bum
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: From Maynards Own Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dharma Bum
Why? I believe in love your brother as you love your self. I believe that the kingdom of god lies within... etc. However, I don't believe that Jesus is the "only begotten son of God." Jesus is not alone in his divinity, You and I are the Suns of God. I don't believe that God is something seperate from creation. I don't believe that we ever left the Garden of Eden. It is our perception that we are seperate from God that leads us to believe we were Banished from the Garden of Eden. This is Eden. I don't believe that Heaven, or Hell is place we go when we die. Both places are right here and now. If you perceive your life is miserable, you are in Hell. If you believe your life is grand, you are in Heaven. Life is what you make it. It is all perception. I believe in the teachings of Jesus, but I don't believe in the Dogma of christianity. I could go on and on, but THAT would be futile.
We are the Sons of God by adoption only when we become a brother to Christ by dying to sin. 'For you have not recieved a sprit of slavery leading to fear again but you have recieved a sprit of adoption as sons by which we cry out "Abba! Father!"' Believing that we do not need God is the root of suffering. Try as we might to be good people on our own, we will fail. Everything humans do is naturaly rooted in greed and pride. The dogma of Christianity is put there by man and you will find it no where in the Bible.