View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 12:34 AM   #39
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

It was a good show. It was my first time hearing a lot of the songs, so I wasn't sure what the setlist was while the show was happening. But I found it quite fun hearing those songs for the 1st time live.
Visually, it was a pleasant sight with minimal lighting and four screens behind the band. Maynard was shirtless w/ blue jeans, belt/buckle, and cowboy boots. No shirt and a mohawk similar to the one in the liner notes of 10,000 days.
This was my second time seeing Tool at the Paramount. The first time was with King Crimson on August 6th 2001. I must admit enjoyed that show a little bit more, even though my seats at that time were way up the Mezzanine. This time I was on the floor, near the mixing board. The view and sound was very good at that spot. I guess the main reason I liked the show before more was the fact they had an opening act, and Tool played an encore. So I really felt that I had a lot to see. This time, it was almost like seeing the world’s most beautiful diamond… but long enough to only begin to really take in all the beauty.
Either way, it’s a lot better than at the Tacoma Dome, simply because the acoustics and all seating.
OFFLINE |