View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

This was my "cherry popper" show. The first time I've seen Tool live and in the flesh. Definatly wasn't disappointed but I DEFINATLY could have stayed and rocked all night with em!! MINDBLOWING experience.

I rushed in thinking we were late for the show but lucky for us the band was either planning ahead or running late as well heheh. So we rushed in the door and after feeling this big relief of "omg I made it" I sat down and enjoyed the beauty of the paramount. I think someone else spoke on this as well but really... what a nice place to be in. We sat right under this big dome type thing all gold and just damned pretty! sitting there watching everyone and just absorbing what was going on around me and in me was ... just amazing to witness. so many mixed emotions just sitting there waiting. The whole experience for me was sort of sexual in a way. Waiting there was like your first akward experience with a condom. Is this how you do it? Is that ok? Gosh I hope I don't get this wrong. And then in a rush everything is just turns to this flood of emotional magic rushing over and through you and when it's over you just want to do it again!!

As soon as they guys came on stage I was up and out of my seat and I don't think I even stopped to catch my breath for the rest of the show! Just a beautiful experience. What a perfect night!!

For me the thing the single event that sticks out... there's 2 of em actually ... when maynard had his cowboy hat on there was this wierd green reflection it made him look like the typical oval headed green eyed alien. Maybe I was REALLY intoxicated but still... I thought it was a cool effect. number 2. was when the show was over and we all gave up on the idea of an encore and made our way back outdoors we all just sorta stood in the street looking back up at the big Paramount sign that said TOOL on it, almost in awe of the experience. A cop in his patrol car came up the street on his shmegaphone "k guys I need you all to please get off the street" It was a cute moment I thought.

Amazing, 5 stars!!! and I can't wait for the arena tour!!!