View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 12:01 AM   #18
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/02 - Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre

Absolutely intensely amazingly breathtaking...as always! This was my 5th TOOL show, and once again the members of the band that strikes me so hard rocked my world in many ways!

Set list has been posted, but I'm so stoked I'm going to post it again!

8:14pm: Adam, Danny, and Justin walk onto the stage...

.5. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann) Intro into
1. Rosetta Stoned
2. Stinkfist (Regular Album Version)
3. 46 & 2
4. The Pot
5. Jambi
6. Schism
7. Eon Blue Apocalypse into
8. The Patient
9. Sober (with INTENSE feedback intro)
10. Lateralus
11. Vicarious
12. Aenema

9:55pm: TOOL walks off stage with the Seattle Paramount crowd ROARING!

Final tally: 3.5 from "10,000 Days", 4 from "Lateralus", 3 from "Aenema", and 1 from "Undertow". None from "Opiate". 12.5 total songs at around 90 minutes.

I paid $225 for my Mezz 11 Row E ticket, and it was worth every single penny! After seeing them live again, money isn't even an issue. To be there, to soak in the energy of TOOL live is completely worth it for me. I could not be a happier man right now!

I thought they played well! Adam did seem off in a couple points, I did hear Maynard's voice crack a tiny bit once, but other than that they were ON. Danny...I mean, what can you say about this man that makes sense in English?! WITNESSING him play the kit he uses is all you can say really...until you see it...it just won't make sense. The man's soul purpose is to play the drums, and play them better than any human on the planet right now. (I really dug the touch pad he plays with at the beginning of "Vicarious"...and a second on "The Patient".)

I thought the sound was mixed fantastically! Maynard's vocal levels could have been up just a tiny bit, but other than that everything sounded very clean, clear, and even.

I as incredibly stoked to hear "The Patient", "Jambi" (which makes so much sense live!), "Rosetta Stoned", and of course "Lateralus" (which I cried right through).

I did my best not to have any expectations going into the show, which I did quite well in. Near the end, I realized they were playing the same set they were playing at Coachelle, so I somewhat knew what was coming and when. I was just a tiny bit sad by the end of the show that we did not get to see any random rare live tracks, but overall - it doesn't matter. They played for 90 minutes straight, and gave they hearts to us...as they always do...and I AM THANKFUL!!!

Hopefully by the time they come back around they will be nice and warm so we'll get to see some "Grudge" or "Opiate" or "H." or god knows what else.

Thank you Danny, Maynard, Adam, and Justin once again! Much respects!!

myspace.com/skoi | waxdj.com/skoisirius

Last edited by skoiboy; 05-03-2006 at 12:13 AM..
OFFLINE |