View Single Post
Thirdeye11
11-27-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanhyena View Post
Wow, my 230 mile drive now seems so meager.. lol.

I was a bit disappointed though, mostly at the crowd around me. They all seemed really dead. I dunno.. the show just wasn't as good as the others I have seen. Flood was amazing and made up for the rest of the show being not so great. I wish they wouldn't open with Jambi.

I actually couldn't hear Maynard very well.. I really wanted to just walk up on stage and turn up his microphone, lol. Might have been cause I was right in front of the stage on the floor though.

Did anyone else from here wander down the street to the bars after the show? There was like tons of people in this group that I was walking with. We looked like zombies yo. Tool zombies invading Austin.
I sat on the floor 18 rows back from the stage dead center, and the sound has never been better at any Tool show I've seen. This was my 10th Tool show dating back to 1997.

Jambi seems to work as an opener at least in my opinion. I had some cool guys next to me (One was named Trey) and a blind guy behind me. The crowd was extremely respectful and the connection between the band/audience was great. I drove down from Dallas, and this was my favorite show since 2002. Maynard's voice was obviously fresh, and he sounded better than the last 3 or 4 shows I've seen in 2006-7. I think it being the first stop on the tour helped.

Anyway there is probably at least 1 audio recording of this show because of someone I know that attended and typically tapes, but I wouldn't know how to get a copy so please don't contact me looking for one.

I am glad this is the last of their touring before they work on their next (and perhaps final) album because I just can't see this tired setlist again.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #22
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 14 - Austin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanhyena View Post
Wow, my 230 mile drive now seems so meager.. lol.

I was a bit disappointed though, mostly at the crowd around me. They all seemed really dead. I dunno.. the show just wasn't as good as the others I have seen. Flood was amazing and made up for the rest of the show being not so great. I wish they wouldn't open with Jambi.

I actually couldn't hear Maynard very well.. I really wanted to just walk up on stage and turn up his microphone, lol. Might have been cause I was right in front of the stage on the floor though.

Did anyone else from here wander down the street to the bars after the show? There was like tons of people in this group that I was walking with. We looked like zombies yo. Tool zombies invading Austin.
I sat on the floor 18 rows back from the stage dead center, and the sound has never been better at any Tool show I've seen. This was my 10th Tool show dating back to 1997.

Jambi seems to work as an opener at least in my opinion. I had some cool guys next to me (One was named Trey) and a blind guy behind me. The crowd was extremely respectful and the connection between the band/audience was great. I drove down from Dallas, and this was my favorite show since 2002. Maynard's voice was obviously fresh, and he sounded better than the last 3 or 4 shows I've seen in 2006-7. I think it being the first stop on the tour helped.

Anyway there is probably at least 1 audio recording of this show because of someone I know that attended and typically tapes, but I wouldn't know how to get a copy so please don't contact me looking for one.

I am glad this is the last of their touring before they work on their next (and perhaps final) album because I just can't see this tired setlist again.
OFFLINE |