View Single Post
dave-tx
11-16-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned?
Yes, it was during Rosetta Stoned - which, despite being my favorite song on 10k, has been disappointing to me the last few times live.

I thought this was a solid show, one of the better ones from this tour (extending back to last year) that I've seen. It was great to see Flood, I think that was a first for me. The double-time bridge of Schism really surprised me, I hadn't heard that before - very, very cool.

Despite Bozzio's reputation as a percussionist, I thought he looked pretty much lost during the Lateralus drum segment. It didn't help that his drums weren't mic'ed properly, but he seemed tentative and unwilling to attack it.

EDIT: I meant to add that I enjoyed the opening act, Trans Am. They had some interesting material and some interesting combinations of instruments - one song featured the two non-drummers playing basses. Neat. I'm always one to recommend getting to the show in time to see the opening act, and this is no exception.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-16-2007 at 05:09 AM..
Old 11-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 14 - Austin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
Anyone else hear the "WOO HOO!" out of Maynard early in the show? Possibly during Rosetta Stoned?
Yes, it was during Rosetta Stoned - which, despite being my favorite song on 10k, has been disappointing to me the last few times live.

I thought this was a solid show, one of the better ones from this tour (extending back to last year) that I've seen. It was great to see Flood, I think that was a first for me. The double-time bridge of Schism really surprised me, I hadn't heard that before - very, very cool.

Despite Bozzio's reputation as a percussionist, I thought he looked pretty much lost during the Lateralus drum segment. It didn't help that his drums weren't mic'ed properly, but he seemed tentative and unwilling to attack it.

EDIT: I meant to add that I enjoyed the opening act, Trans Am. They had some interesting material and some interesting combinations of instruments - one song featured the two non-drummers playing basses. Neat. I'm always one to recommend getting to the show in time to see the opening act, and this is no exception.

Last edited by dave-tx; 11-16-2007 at 05:09 AM..
OFFLINE |