View Single Post
dave_tool
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM

This was my 5th Tool show and I have to say that it was one of the best ones I have seen as far as performance, lights, visuals and Tool just being TOOL!! Got to see Danny walking into the coliseum, so that was a highlight. The band was spot-on minus a few technical difficulties and the normal "live" anomalies.

They came out and hit us with a tidal wave during the first 4 songs. Rosetta Stoned was cool and seem to come off pretty well. Flood was refreshing to hear, although I was really hoping for Pushit. A slight lull during Wings/10000 Days, but it was awesome to see the light show and feel the emotion during these songs. It definitely gave life to some songs that can be pretty mundane on the album. Glad I got to experience them, but no need to see them again. They finished the show strong with Lateralus, which was probably a highlight for me, and Vicarious. The Melt Banana drummer had no business out there with Danny. Just 2 opposite ends of the spectrum as far as talent. It might have been cooler for Danny to just jam out by himself.

Great evening all together!! Just a couple complaints...

My main complaint was with the chairs on the floor. I bought tickets super early to not have to sit in a seat. If I would have known that chairs were there, I would have went for a better view with a higher seat in the stands. The chairs made me fell confined at a time when I wanted to feel the most free.

My minor complaint was with the setlist (imagine that) ;) I just feel like there were 2 or 3 spots to get some more energetic songs in there to keep the flow going. Like The Grudge or Parabola in place of Schism, and I am still torn about Wings / 10000 Days. I enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed some older stuff or even The Pot in their place.

But overall, a great show!! Thanks TOOL!!! Please keep doing what you do and continue to bring it our way!!!

PS - Met Josh at the show who was getting his "Tool Cherry" popped. Hope you had fun and thanks for behaving!!

Dave

Last edited by dave_tool; 06-15-2007 at 09:42 AM..
Old 06-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/13 - Winston-Salem, NC - Joel Lawrence Coliseum

This was my 5th Tool show and I have to say that it was one of the best ones I have seen as far as performance, lights, visuals and Tool just being TOOL!! Got to see Danny walking into the coliseum, so that was a highlight. The band was spot-on minus a few technical difficulties and the normal "live" anomalies.

They came out and hit us with a tidal wave during the first 4 songs. Rosetta Stoned was cool and seem to come off pretty well. Flood was refreshing to hear, although I was really hoping for Pushit. A slight lull during Wings/10000 Days, but it was awesome to see the light show and feel the emotion during these songs. It definitely gave life to some songs that can be pretty mundane on the album. Glad I got to experience them, but no need to see them again. They finished the show strong with Lateralus, which was probably a highlight for me, and Vicarious. The Melt Banana drummer had no business out there with Danny. Just 2 opposite ends of the spectrum as far as talent. It might have been cooler for Danny to just jam out by himself.

Great evening all together!! Just a couple complaints...

My main complaint was with the chairs on the floor. I bought tickets super early to not have to sit in a seat. If I would have known that chairs were there, I would have went for a better view with a higher seat in the stands. The chairs made me fell confined at a time when I wanted to feel the most free.

My minor complaint was with the setlist (imagine that) ;) I just feel like there were 2 or 3 spots to get some more energetic songs in there to keep the flow going. Like The Grudge or Parabola in place of Schism, and I am still torn about Wings / 10000 Days. I enjoyed it, but I think I would have enjoyed some older stuff or even The Pot in their place.

But overall, a great show!! Thanks TOOL!!! Please keep doing what you do and continue to bring it our way!!!

PS - Met Josh at the show who was getting his "Tool Cherry" popped. Hope you had fun and thanks for behaving!!

Dave

Last edited by dave_tool; 06-15-2007 at 09:42 AM..
OFFLINE |