View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloocyn
there are some things that i just cant understand... ok... it took tool 5 years to release a cd, didnt have a concert in glasgow for quite a long time and the crowd waiting for 1.5 hours just stands and stares... no emotions, no nothing ... weird... if it was in poland the people would gone screaming for tool way before the guys arrive ... next thing is the people's behaviour - THE Band starts playing and ... no reactions, just nodding heads, nothing... like people were watching telly or sthg... well i cannot tell if it was a good gig but i had some fun... until i was thrown out by bouncers in the middle of 46&2 without giving ANY reason ... wtf ???

if any of you remember a black tshirt, short haired guy at the front screaming for tool ... and you know what i might have done just tell me... cuz i dunno... :(
I was pretty shocked at that as well.......the crowd was beyond shit!!! I was at download (tool - friday night) and the crowd was a million times better!! every single person singing to every word while bouncing around (pretty much having the best time of their lives) but at the glasgow gig the crowd just stood there lookin bored (except for about 3 guys in front of me...pat yourself's on the back)
I also thought tool's performance was very poor in comparison to download(possibly to do with the crowds lack of enthusiam (which maynard actually made a very sarcastic comment on......quite right as well....the crowd was shit)!!!
the band made numerous fuck ups!!!

rosetta stoned was shockingly bad, the end of the song was all over the place and maynard eventually stopped singing cos he didn't know where the fuck he was!! (this seemed to put a damper on it from the word go)

the bridge in schism was pretty ropey as well....adam started speeding up and I don't think danny and justin knew where the hell they were!!! they tried to keep up, but the were all out of time with each other!
(the list goes on......too long)

i think the bad sound quality had a lot to do with the mistakes as it was unbelievably loud!! (except maynard, who definitely seemed to be in a bad mood as he didn't hang about after the last song)

all in all not anywhere near as good as download!! which they blew my mind at!!

not gonna go down as a tool classic live performance but at least i have download to remember!!
OFFLINE |