View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 12:49 AM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24
Re: 2006/06/11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Academy

I was about one of the first 30 people in the queue, waited there from about 5:30 in the blazing heat. Was a bit pissed with security letting all the people at the back of the queue jump in. But it didn't matter once i was inside, there was plenty of good seats. I was in the front row up in the balcony, left wing...

Does anyone remember a guy in a grey tee with a girl standing out in blue/turquoise? That was me and my gf, she wasn't a big tool fan before the concert, but i've converted her now! Anyway, it was a bit crap being inside waiting about 2 hours. I was dripping with sweat after 10 mins or so, getting very bored and impatient. I was scared to go to the bar in case they started, so just sat there doing nothing :(

When they finally did come on stage though, i knew it was worth the wait. I could barely hear what Maynard was saying, but the singing was ok. Would be tough for someone who didn't know the lyrics. I don't remember an awful lot about the show, due to getting involuntarily high in the queue lol...Danny was fucking amazing to watch, Justin looked scary and Adam was standing scarily still...

Maynard was a bit of an asshole, didn't talk much, didn't even stay on stage long after the show. He did a good performance though, even if he fucked up a few times, or just couldn't be bothered singing some lyrics. Was good to see them in the flesh though for the first time.

Does anyone know when they'll be coming back to UK?

Oh yeah and why was there no merchandise at the show? Security pretty much pushed everyone out the door after the show but it didn't look as though there was anything to buy...Had to get a tee from dodgy guys out the front >:(

Last edited by BlindVisionary; 06-14-2006 at 01:27 AM..
OFFLINE |