View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 04:49 AM   #43
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/11 - Glasgow, Scotland - Academy

Yeah, the wait was excruciating but at least it served to build up the excitment. It would have been nice to have a support band a la Isis or something but at the end of the day it wasnt a big deal, tool were all i needed. I heard a lot of people in the queue speculating about who would support but i knew at that point there wouldnt be one.

I think the reason the crowd were a bit muted was because it was hotter than hell in there. I was just standing rocking out to the music and watching in awe and I was knackered by the end so i guess the folks that were jumping around must have been completely shattered. But wasnt it worth it?

The security were arseholes, ive seen a lot of gigs and i always know the security at APC and tool gigs will be really strict so i expected it but i think that gig was the worst. Its true that the security are there to make you feel safe and create a safe environment for the fans to enjoy the concert, but when they start to get abusive and threaten the fans they go against what they are trying to achieve. im pretty sure if the band could see what was going on they would have been really upset, particularly adam, he seems very keen on making sure everyone has a good time and people dont get hurt.

I guess its a respect thing and the security had no respect for the audience at this gig.