Thread: :(
View Single Post
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
04-16-2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geedorah
To answer your question; No, I do not think that will be the cover. It looks like another photoshopped ad and they used whatever artwork they could.
hope you're right. this appears to be kind of an "official" sticker though, and the fact that the logo and Grey stuff appear everywhere lately, makes me kind of sad.
Wonder if their visuals for the tour, and the Vicarious video, will be any better.

Now it's difficult for me to think that the band sat together on one evening saying: "Fuck, let's make some jawdropping good artwork for our new album! Let's pwn them all!"

It's like that: Back in the days, Tool may have been one of the first rock bands to combine their music with visuals on screen in a great way. Pictures moving to the rhythms and stuff. Nowadays, such live gimmicks are quite common. And some bands do that stuff in awesome quality (Gorillaz!). Will Tool be able to top their work, or will we see spirals and colorful skeletons again? They (hopefully) HAVE the ideas, and they sure have the money, but will they do it?

I had hoped for sort of a fresh approach to Tool's appearence after all those years. Maybe we will see this, but more and more evidence points towards the opposite, Rock musicians, not artists.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 932
Re: :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geedorah
To answer your question; No, I do not think that will be the cover. It looks like another photoshopped ad and they used whatever artwork they could.
hope you're right. this appears to be kind of an "official" sticker though, and the fact that the logo and Grey stuff appear everywhere lately, makes me kind of sad.
Wonder if their visuals for the tour, and the Vicarious video, will be any better.

Now it's difficult for me to think that the band sat together on one evening saying: "Fuck, let's make some jawdropping good artwork for our new album! Let's pwn them all!"

It's like that: Back in the days, Tool may have been one of the first rock bands to combine their music with visuals on screen in a great way. Pictures moving to the rhythms and stuff. Nowadays, such live gimmicks are quite common. And some bands do that stuff in awesome quality (Gorillaz!). Will Tool be able to top their work, or will we see spirals and colorful skeletons again? They (hopefully) HAVE the ideas, and they sure have the money, but will they do it?

I had hoped for sort of a fresh approach to Tool's appearence after all those years. Maybe we will see this, but more and more evidence points towards the opposite, Rock musicians, not artists.
OFFLINE |