View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #51
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

I came all the way from Erie, PA to see this show. It was the 4th time I had seen Tool and my girlfriend's first. Overall, the band was extremely tight and from what I could hear (very little) Maynard was as on as I had ever seen him. Unfortunately, if I had known how terrible the sound was going to be at Wachovia, I would have chosen a different time and place to see my favorite band perform. My section seemed to be plagued by a high pitched whine of reverberation so piercing and distracting that at times I considered leaving the show. On top of that, by the time the sound got from the stage to our seats, it was reduced to a jumbled mess of frequencies that could only be deciphered by those familiar with the songs. I left the show deaf, irritated, and disappointed to say the least. I suppose it was pretty cool to see the new songs live. I think the highlight of the show was Adam's solo during Jambi. Something about seeing Maynard pretend to ride a bull beside Adam growling into a talkbox made me laugh for joy.

Maybe my standards are too high. I don't think I will ever see a better show from any band than Madison Square Garden in 2002 when they played the Salival version of Pushit. Shit blew my mind.
OFFLINE |