View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:40 AM   #42
Hym
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/02 - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Wachovia Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunksx34 View Post
IMHO, Adam and Justin create more depth and texture with one guitar and one bass than ISIS does with 3 guitarists and a bass. More sound doesn't mean more depth or texture.
Actually, in ISIS's case, it does. They have the low end of the bass, the high end of one guitar, a guitar in the middle and, if needed, another guitar adding more texture.

Quote:
Adam and Justin are incredible because they can do more with less.
I don't think they do more, although most of the time they don't need to, but as far as the music goes, ISIS have more depth in their songs because TOOL don't really have any grasp of harmony.

Quote:
I've now seen ISIS 3 times this year before Tool shows, and while I think they are a solid band, Tool is much much better in every respect.
I disagree. The only thing that TOOL have over ISIS is Maynard's voice, but even then Aaron Turner puts so much more emotion into his voice.

Quote:
Annhilate Tool musically?...maybe you should rethink that...
No. Danny and Justin are better musicians than Aaron Harris and Jeff, but ISIS's rhythm section is much better. Adam has a very unique style, but the twin harmonies of Aaron Turner and Michael are better. Then you have Cliff who is great at both guitar, keyboards and electronics.

TOOL are still my favourite band, but ISIS are better songwriters. Okay, 'annihilate' is a little strong, but when I look objectively I think ISIS are superior.

One more thing I must add is that if you don't like ISIS, fine, just don't say something ridiculous like they repeat riffs for too long (Triad?).
OFFLINE |