View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 08:59 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/12 - Minneapolis, MN - Orpheum Theatre

I am glad others have mentioned the poor audio mix, I did not want to be the only one!

This was my 4th Tool show and overall I had a blast and was very impressed. Being able to watch Danny all night at such a close distance made the overpriced ticket well worth the money. I agree with others that the new songs sound incredible live. The only issues I had with the evening were as follows:

1. Ticket price/concert length : For what was considered warm up shows to "blow the dust off" as Maynard said, the ticket price was too high in my opinion. Also, they played for approximately an hour and a half, which is at least how long they usually play WITH an opening act on their full blown tours. I just think that for the price and no opening act, they could have played more songs.

2. I know that during concerts, for the most part, Maynard does not say much and chooses to do his own thing and that is how he and the other guys have always been. Would it be so hard or uncool if he were to talk more to get the crowd fired up or come off his riser and sing down close by the stage? I honestly got the impression at the end that he just wanted to get the hell out of there. Maybe he was pissed off about the PA cutting out on the last song...I dont know. Maybe I am being selfish in wanting them to be more appreciative of their fans.

Anyway, other than those things, I had a great time and thought it was fun to see them in a small venue. I will definitely see them again this fall.
OFFLINE |