View Single Post
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
04-21-2006, 10:38 PM

the shape of the mouth when making "r" and "d" sounds is very similar.. and although maynard has an incredible range, this is right near the top, which any singer can tell you sometimes requires some weird maxillofacial contortions to acheive with good timbre..
i just don't think the line is "out your hair.." it does sound similar, but my reason won't let me accept that..

but that's not why i'm posting, i just wanted to point that out..

the real reason for my post, and i apologize if someone has made this correction already, is that i see this line transcribed mistakenly in the past 2 or 3 versions:
it's not "reefer save your" or anything to that effect.. it's "steal/borrow, reaper/savior, shady inference".. goes along with the "liar/lawyer...what's the difference" lines
Old 04-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #104
john dough

Bincount™: 13353
Re: Lyrics

the shape of the mouth when making "r" and "d" sounds is very similar.. and although maynard has an incredible range, this is right near the top, which any singer can tell you sometimes requires some weird maxillofacial contortions to acheive with good timbre..
i just don't think the line is "out your hair.." it does sound similar, but my reason won't let me accept that..

but that's not why i'm posting, i just wanted to point that out..

the real reason for my post, and i apologize if someone has made this correction already, is that i see this line transcribed mistakenly in the past 2 or 3 versions:
it's not "reefer save your" or anything to that effect.. it's "steal/borrow, reaper/savior, shady inference".. goes along with the "liar/lawyer...what's the difference" lines