View Single Post
turnupthemetal
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM

I'm home now. I sent my last message from outside the Entertainment Centre while stuck in traffic. There were no other posts on here at that time, so I thought I would send something off. Well, what a great show! Only my second Tool concert. '07 GC BDO only other and I loved every minute of that.

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. It just seemed to go on and on and then to go into Jambi...WOW!! I was a little disappointed that they started the funky beat bit at the end of Jambi one or two beats after what it is on the album. I love that bit of the song. My thoughts are that the sound at the start of the gig was a bit muddy, which was disappointing for Jambi, but it did clear up after about the third song.

The sound on You Lied was different from the other songs. VERY punchy and clean.

Visuals were stunning. Only once did I notice a glitch in the LCD's (on the stage below and between Maynard and Danny). I've been to gigs where whole sections of these things have gone out for extended periods. Little bit of Orion was nice. Drum solos were incredibly tight. Some of the pauses between songs was a little long and the white noise encore was interesting to say the least. I quite liked it for the simple fact that it was different than the usual and gave us something to focus on while we 'waited' for the band to return.

Overall, a very impressive gig. I have converted my partner into a Tool fan. Well, actually, it didn't take much convincing, particularly after she saw them at the '07 BDO with me. So, attending with someone who appreciated their music made it that much better. The signed poster was icing on the cake.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #30
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

I'm home now. I sent my last message from outside the Entertainment Centre while stuck in traffic. There were no other posts on here at that time, so I thought I would send something off. Well, what a great show! Only my second Tool concert. '07 GC BDO only other and I loved every minute of that.

Opening with Third Eye was brilliant. It just seemed to go on and on and then to go into Jambi...WOW!! I was a little disappointed that they started the funky beat bit at the end of Jambi one or two beats after what it is on the album. I love that bit of the song. My thoughts are that the sound at the start of the gig was a bit muddy, which was disappointing for Jambi, but it did clear up after about the third song.

The sound on You Lied was different from the other songs. VERY punchy and clean.

Visuals were stunning. Only once did I notice a glitch in the LCD's (on the stage below and between Maynard and Danny). I've been to gigs where whole sections of these things have gone out for extended periods. Little bit of Orion was nice. Drum solos were incredibly tight. Some of the pauses between songs was a little long and the white noise encore was interesting to say the least. I quite liked it for the simple fact that it was different than the usual and gave us something to focus on while we 'waited' for the band to return.

Overall, a very impressive gig. I have converted my partner into a Tool fan. Well, actually, it didn't take much convincing, particularly after she saw them at the '07 BDO with me. So, attending with someone who appreciated their music made it that much better. The signed poster was icing on the cake.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote