Set list:
• Third Eye
• Jambi
• Vicarious (ultra-slow intro)
• Intention
• Right in two
• You Lied
• Schism (thrash bit in the middle)
• Lateralus (Adam does variations on the intro)
• Aenima
• Stinkfist

I’ve seen Tool twice, 2000 & 2001(?), both in Sydney. I missed the whole 2007 tour they did down here, and was buried in work when this tour was announced back in November. Basically, I missed my chance at the Melbourne shows, so my only option was Brisbane. I bit the bullet and flew up to see them. All up the trip, hotel, tickets and taxis has cost in excess of $1,000.

Christ it was worth it. Visually stunning, tight, incredible sounds. A show for the real fans with Tool's preferred sound and set list. (No disrespect to BDO fans, but the mix just doesn't work for me at festivals) They’re not very loud though. It’s definitely one of the heaviest things I’ve ever heard, by my ears just weren’t ringing when I left.

I got an email from Brisbane Entertainment Centre the night before the show saying Tool would start 9:15, so I wasn’t too fussed when I queued up outside at 8:50, only to hear the rumbling as they went on at 9:00. I missed most of Third Eye and if they did something before it, I missed it too. Bloody B.E.C. twits.

I was on the floor up the back, so a clear view of the stage was not on offer. I don’t know what they feed the local teenagers around here, it must be a mix of Queensland beef and Gold Coast pussy, but they are all over 6 foot 2. It was hard to focus on Danny, which I wanted more than anything.

Justin C is getting more and more ROCK with his stage movements as time goes by. This guy has heavy music deep down inside, and its starting to take over his outer shell. God knows what’s going to happen to him when he gets older, he’ll probably get skin conditions without Tool as an outlet.

I couldn’t believe it when ‘You Lied’ started up, I never thought I’d hear that live again. I was almost in tears, a woman behind me yelling “they’re playing it omigod omigod”.

There was no real audience contact from Maynard to mention, except in Stinkfist, the local crowd weren’t aware of the extended bridge and started singing too soon, ‘Liar, cheat thief etc” > Maynard said “Ha Ha, tricked you’ through his megaphone/microphone thing.

Oh yes, he also said ‘Thank You’ before they started Stinkfist.

Desperate to find tickets now for Myer Music Bowl
Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.11 - Brisbane @ Entertainment Center

Set list:
• Third Eye
• Jambi
• Vicarious (ultra-slow intro)
• Intention
• Right in two
• You Lied
• Schism (thrash bit in the middle)
• Lateralus (Adam does variations on the intro)
• Aenima
• Stinkfist

I’ve seen Tool twice, 2000 & 2001(?), both in Sydney. I missed the whole 2007 tour they did down here, and was buried in work when this tour was announced back in November. Basically, I missed my chance at the Melbourne shows, so my only option was Brisbane. I bit the bullet and flew up to see them. All up the trip, hotel, tickets and taxis has cost in excess of $1,000.

Christ it was worth it. Visually stunning, tight, incredible sounds. A show for the real fans with Tool's preferred sound and set list. (No disrespect to BDO fans, but the mix just doesn't work for me at festivals) They’re not very loud though. It’s definitely one of the heaviest things I’ve ever heard, by my ears just weren’t ringing when I left.

I got an email from Brisbane Entertainment Centre the night before the show saying Tool would start 9:15, so I wasn’t too fussed when I queued up outside at 8:50, only to hear the rumbling as they went on at 9:00. I missed most of Third Eye and if they did something before it, I missed it too. Bloody B.E.C. twits.

I was on the floor up the back, so a clear view of the stage was not on offer. I don’t know what they feed the local teenagers around here, it must be a mix of Queensland beef and Gold Coast pussy, but they are all over 6 foot 2. It was hard to focus on Danny, which I wanted more than anything.

Justin C is getting more and more ROCK with his stage movements as time goes by. This guy has heavy music deep down inside, and its starting to take over his outer shell. God knows what’s going to happen to him when he gets older, he’ll probably get skin conditions without Tool as an outlet.

I couldn’t believe it when ‘You Lied’ started up, I never thought I’d hear that live again. I was almost in tears, a woman behind me yelling “they’re playing it omigod omigod”.

There was no real audience contact from Maynard to mention, except in Stinkfist, the local crowd weren’t aware of the extended bridge and started singing too soon, ‘Liar, cheat thief etc” > Maynard said “Ha Ha, tricked you’ through his megaphone/microphone thing.

Oh yes, he also said ‘Thank You’ before they started Stinkfist.

Desperate to find tickets now for Myer Music Bowl
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote