View Single Post
ravener
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM

That was absolutely amazing. So much better than the Target Center, for me at least because I wasn't way in the back and was actually up near the band on the floor this time. Only a few gripes, mainly it was hard to hear Maynard at times, and the crowd on the floor, good god, grow up you morons. Do you really need to mosh to almost every song and shove your way to the front? I went to see Tool play, not fight to keep my balance as the entire crowd is falling over. Whatever, that mellowed out after the second half.

The visuals were extremely cool, had a hard time seeing them last year. I was really happy when Flood started, would have rather heard Pushit, but I would take either over Right in Two. Didn't seem like anyone knew what song they were playing at that point, not surprised really, might even be a reason they play it, to throw off all the new age Tool fans. Regardless, Flood is completely awesome live. Definitely my favorite song of the evening. Wings & 10k Days were much cooler then I remember last year, and Lateralus was pure awesome. The laser lights were much cooler from the floor.

Big business was cool, the sound was a little muddy what with the screaming, but I will at least be checking them out. The drummer's solo during Lateralus was a ton of fun, you could see the grin on Danny and his face throughout the whole thing.

And did I hear right when Maynard said "See you soon" ?

Completely awesome.

Oh yeah, did Danny have pictures of himself on his bass drums?

Last edited by ravener; 06-27-2007 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

That was absolutely amazing. So much better than the Target Center, for me at least because I wasn't way in the back and was actually up near the band on the floor this time. Only a few gripes, mainly it was hard to hear Maynard at times, and the crowd on the floor, good god, grow up you morons. Do you really need to mosh to almost every song and shove your way to the front? I went to see Tool play, not fight to keep my balance as the entire crowd is falling over. Whatever, that mellowed out after the second half.

The visuals were extremely cool, had a hard time seeing them last year. I was really happy when Flood started, would have rather heard Pushit, but I would take either over Right in Two. Didn't seem like anyone knew what song they were playing at that point, not surprised really, might even be a reason they play it, to throw off all the new age Tool fans. Regardless, Flood is completely awesome live. Definitely my favorite song of the evening. Wings & 10k Days were much cooler then I remember last year, and Lateralus was pure awesome. The laser lights were much cooler from the floor.

Big business was cool, the sound was a little muddy what with the screaming, but I will at least be checking them out. The drummer's solo during Lateralus was a ton of fun, you could see the grin on Danny and his face throughout the whole thing.

And did I hear right when Maynard said "See you soon" ?

Completely awesome.

Oh yeah, did Danny have pictures of himself on his bass drums?

Last edited by ravener; 06-27-2007 at 09:56 AM..
OFFLINE |