View Single Post
the_shrike29's Avatar the_shrike29
06-27-2007, 05:15 AM

Flood, Flood, Flood, and I'll say it one more time: Flood

Personally, I thought the sound was quite good, better than the Target Center and Orpheum last year, and better than Peoria last week; i was on the floor dead center about 10-20 feet from stage depending on the fucking crowd swell and they all sounded great. A tip I can share: since I started wearing ear plugs at shows, I can hear everything better, especially Maynard. They seem to get rid of the extra noise.

The band had more energy tonight than in Peoria. No douchbag threw anything on the stage so we got a fully engaged and active Maynard and he sounded really good tonight.

Danny seemed to be having a great time during the Lateralus drum section: he had a big smile on his face the whole time and it looked like he was excited to be playing that song with a really good drummer. Pushing each other.

A small funny note: someone taped a cutout headshot of Danny onto each one of his kick drums and I'm not sure he knew about it until after because he had a good laugh when he came down off the riser after the show and doing the hug and clap thing saw Justin take one off and stick it on his face for a few minutes.

Anyways; I thought the floor crowd last week in Peoria was bad, but they were way worse tonight. People started pushing almost 10 minutes before Tool went on and didn't stop till the last note of Vicarious. I just don't get the need to push and jump into people in order to have a good time. They have no intension of getting the full experience from a Tool show and by that I mean the visuals. And the fucking asshats who talked all the way through Wings/10k I just don't get it: the fuck did you come for if your're going to talk through almost a 1/4 of the show? At least the band got some of their money.

The highlight was definetly Flood. It sounded soooo good. And the visuals were amazing. It was also the only song of the night that the area around me was mellow so I could actually enjoy it fully. All of the band seemed really into the song as well which added another dynamic.

Overall if this is the last time I see the boys I will be happy with it. Although Maynard did say he would see us soon, whatever that means.

Last edited by the_shrike29; 06-27-2007 at 05:37 AM..
Old 06-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/26 - St. Paul, MN - Xcel Center

Flood, Flood, Flood, and I'll say it one more time: Flood

Personally, I thought the sound was quite good, better than the Target Center and Orpheum last year, and better than Peoria last week; i was on the floor dead center about 10-20 feet from stage depending on the fucking crowd swell and they all sounded great. A tip I can share: since I started wearing ear plugs at shows, I can hear everything better, especially Maynard. They seem to get rid of the extra noise.

The band had more energy tonight than in Peoria. No douchbag threw anything on the stage so we got a fully engaged and active Maynard and he sounded really good tonight.

Danny seemed to be having a great time during the Lateralus drum section: he had a big smile on his face the whole time and it looked like he was excited to be playing that song with a really good drummer. Pushing each other.

A small funny note: someone taped a cutout headshot of Danny onto each one of his kick drums and I'm not sure he knew about it until after because he had a good laugh when he came down off the riser after the show and doing the hug and clap thing saw Justin take one off and stick it on his face for a few minutes.

Anyways; I thought the floor crowd last week in Peoria was bad, but they were way worse tonight. People started pushing almost 10 minutes before Tool went on and didn't stop till the last note of Vicarious. I just don't get the need to push and jump into people in order to have a good time. They have no intension of getting the full experience from a Tool show and by that I mean the visuals. And the fucking asshats who talked all the way through Wings/10k I just don't get it: the fuck did you come for if your're going to talk through almost a 1/4 of the show? At least the band got some of their money.

The highlight was definetly Flood. It sounded soooo good. And the visuals were amazing. It was also the only song of the night that the area around me was mellow so I could actually enjoy it fully. All of the band seemed really into the song as well which added another dynamic.

Overall if this is the last time I see the boys I will be happy with it. Although Maynard did say he would see us soon, whatever that means.

Last edited by the_shrike29; 06-27-2007 at 05:37 AM..
OFFLINE |