View Single Post
SonOF
07-19-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolNation View Post
they dont give a shit...there was no soul...they barley even played...but yet they are cheered on by 15,000 dumbfounded dipshits.
This was about my fifth time seeing Tool, and they were more passionate last night at PNC then I have ever seen them. I even commented on that to people I was with; especially in regard to Maynard, who was definitely in the zone.

Amazing show. Some of the jam sessions, although beautiful, could have been trimmed and a few extra songs added. The drum battle with Danny and the dude from BB during Lateralus was absolutely masterful, however. Setlist was okay, and unfortunately exactly as expected. Highlights for me were Lateralus and 10,000 Days. 10,000 Days live is so much better on the record. I had chills and my eyes were getting misty during the climax of that one.

My first time at PNC and I am NOT looking forward to returning. That place is set up so poorly. You can either walk 10 miles to the venue, or take a goddamn shuttle bus . There were barely any bathrooms. I know the weather was bad, which added to the disgusting nature of the venue. I slipped in mud on one of those goddamn hills. Glad I wasn't in GA.

People above complained about security, I guess my parking area and seating section (404) got lucky, but we were laughing about how nonexistent security was. Drank and smoked in parking lot with no cops in sight. No security presence AT ALL inside venue. In fact, I think my ticket stub was checked by a twelve year old girl. We were commenting on how we could probably just give someone in GA a ticket through the fence, and they could have walked into the seating area.

Visuals were the best I have ever seen at a Tool show. My view was encumbered by a pole and a dipshit who refused to sit down, even during the segues and really slow songs. Oh well, maybe he was on some better shit than I was...looked like he was having a good time. :)

Also talked to some really knowledgeable, cool Tool fans in the parking lot. Always a good thing. On a side note, when you are at a TOOL show, it is NOT necessary to blast TOOL in the parking lot - you will see the band in a little while. ;)

Until the next time...

Last edited by SonOF; 07-19-2007 at 11:08 PM..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/18 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Arts Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolNation View Post
they dont give a shit...there was no soul...they barley even played...but yet they are cheered on by 15,000 dumbfounded dipshits.
This was about my fifth time seeing Tool, and they were more passionate last night at PNC then I have ever seen them. I even commented on that to people I was with; especially in regard to Maynard, who was definitely in the zone.

Amazing show. Some of the jam sessions, although beautiful, could have been trimmed and a few extra songs added. The drum battle with Danny and the dude from BB during Lateralus was absolutely masterful, however. Setlist was okay, and unfortunately exactly as expected. Highlights for me were Lateralus and 10,000 Days. 10,000 Days live is so much better on the record. I had chills and my eyes were getting misty during the climax of that one.

My first time at PNC and I am NOT looking forward to returning. That place is set up so poorly. You can either walk 10 miles to the venue, or take a goddamn shuttle bus . There were barely any bathrooms. I know the weather was bad, which added to the disgusting nature of the venue. I slipped in mud on one of those goddamn hills. Glad I wasn't in GA.

People above complained about security, I guess my parking area and seating section (404) got lucky, but we were laughing about how nonexistent security was. Drank and smoked in parking lot with no cops in sight. No security presence AT ALL inside venue. In fact, I think my ticket stub was checked by a twelve year old girl. We were commenting on how we could probably just give someone in GA a ticket through the fence, and they could have walked into the seating area.

Visuals were the best I have ever seen at a Tool show. My view was encumbered by a pole and a dipshit who refused to sit down, even during the segues and really slow songs. Oh well, maybe he was on some better shit than I was...looked like he was having a good time. :)

Also talked to some really knowledgeable, cool Tool fans in the parking lot. Always a good thing. On a side note, when you are at a TOOL show, it is NOT necessary to blast TOOL in the parking lot - you will see the band in a little while. ;)

Until the next time...

Last edited by SonOF; 07-19-2007 at 11:08 PM..
OFFLINE |