View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/27 - Wembley, UK - Wembley Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Dust View Post
The security was way over the top, on top of dragging people away like a school playground (hey teachers leave those kids alone).
Something should be said here, if the band gave out those kind of instructions they are seriously misguided. What's the problem with youth angst? We're not killing each other out there! It's just fun on a molecular scale. I don't remember the members of TOOL complaining 10 yrs ago????
Someone may or may not get hurt, accidentally or otherwise but I don't see where the band get off laying down the law on this point…ummmmmm it just reeks a little, I dunno, you got to let people making decisions/choices themselves. It just seems odd at a Tool gig (heavily played bombastic music let's not forget!) that we're even discussing heavy handed security preventing moshing or the gathering of energy & expression. I'm all for the band making requests i.e. No Smoking/Crowd Surfing etc etc… but you got to draw the line on laying down rules & regulations. At the end of the day you cannot control an audience.
that is not tool's policy, its wembley's. they have always been like that and wembley has long had a no crowd surfing rule. they always seem to employ security guards who just seem to want to be rough with people. as far as i know, there is not a no moshing rule - the security at wembley seem to take it upon themselves to enforce that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhadreshwara View Post
Well Well, Swamp song.....!

maybe you were doing this because you feel you're too mature to be in a pit? i don't understand it because the guys getting the shit battered out of them in the pit were having a great time....!
yeah, sounds like great fun.
OFFLINE |