View Single Post
junior
05-07-2007, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post

btw, it's 2007, and this is not a dig at tool, but do we still not have the technology to have anything but red or green lasers? i wonder this after every show. couldn't we see some blue or purple? this is what keeps me up at night.
Had they played Vicarious and Aenema you'd have seen blue and purple lasers, along with a few other colours. Lateralus has yellow, and I think Wings I&II have some other colours (including blue).
The 2 main lasers behind the stage are "white light" lasers and are capable of just about any colour.
Green is the most perceivable colour for the human eye. That's why it gets used the most; it sticks out better. Red is actually kinda hard to see.
If you saw one of the shows at the Pearl, there were only green lasers because the "White Light" lasers require water cooling and more power than was available there.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post

btw, it's 2007, and this is not a dig at tool, but do we still not have the technology to have anything but red or green lasers? i wonder this after every show. couldn't we see some blue or purple? this is what keeps me up at night.
Had they played Vicarious and Aenema you'd have seen blue and purple lasers, along with a few other colours. Lateralus has yellow, and I think Wings I&II have some other colours (including blue).
The 2 main lasers behind the stage are "white light" lasers and are capable of just about any colour.
Green is the most perceivable colour for the human eye. That's why it gets used the most; it sticks out better. Red is actually kinda hard to see.
If you saw one of the shows at the Pearl, there were only green lasers because the "White Light" lasers require water cooling and more power than was available there.
OFFLINE |