View Single Post
chubbs
05-06-2007, 02:00 PM

there's a youtube clip out there showing mjk skipping verses in 46&2 in reno. just a brief glimpse into what the rest of the show was like. still the most bizarre performance i've ever seen by a headliner. i've seen the who (the very old who), rush, pearl jam, yes, all multiple times (among many other bands), and i've NEVER seen anything close to what happened in reno. the band was on fire at times, but with no singing, it's just too weird to describe. tool is not really a sing-along kind of band. i came to hear the vocals too, not just instrumental tool. if i'd seen the band 15 times, it might have been ok. but that was show 2. show 1 very good, show 2, extremely disappointing. and don't try to tell me those other bands don't have challenging vocals, cause that's just BS. you scream out won't get fooled again when you're 60 and see how it goes.

btw, it's 2007, and this is not a dig at tool, but do we still not have the technology to have anything but red or green lasers? i wonder this after every show. couldn't we see some blue or purple? this is what keeps me up at night. the lights and visuals were the highlight of this show for sure. but when that's the highlight, you're not doing very well.

as you may be able to tell, still really bummed out. i think my little bro liked the lasers though, and maynard sang most of stinkfist, which was his favorite song, so at least he has that. it's probably a good thing he really has no perspective about what a show should be like.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

there's a youtube clip out there showing mjk skipping verses in 46&2 in reno. just a brief glimpse into what the rest of the show was like. still the most bizarre performance i've ever seen by a headliner. i've seen the who (the very old who), rush, pearl jam, yes, all multiple times (among many other bands), and i've NEVER seen anything close to what happened in reno. the band was on fire at times, but with no singing, it's just too weird to describe. tool is not really a sing-along kind of band. i came to hear the vocals too, not just instrumental tool. if i'd seen the band 15 times, it might have been ok. but that was show 2. show 1 very good, show 2, extremely disappointing. and don't try to tell me those other bands don't have challenging vocals, cause that's just BS. you scream out won't get fooled again when you're 60 and see how it goes.

btw, it's 2007, and this is not a dig at tool, but do we still not have the technology to have anything but red or green lasers? i wonder this after every show. couldn't we see some blue or purple? this is what keeps me up at night. the lights and visuals were the highlight of this show for sure. but when that's the highlight, you're not doing very well.

as you may be able to tell, still really bummed out. i think my little bro liked the lasers though, and maynard sang most of stinkfist, which was his favorite song, so at least he has that. it's probably a good thing he really has no perspective about what a show should be like.
OFFLINE |