View Single Post
TOOLANYTHING
05-02-2007, 12:17 PM

My two cents on the dismal performance in Reno. Maynard hates Reno! Simple as that. Maybe he had a bad experience once in Reno and is wearing the grudge like a crown. However it just seems that most Reno natives seem to hate their lives, that's what the common concensus seemed to be amongst other non-natives that I talked with. Angry waitresses, pissed off bartenders, it's like the whole city is one big vaccum sucking up all the positve energy that comes in. I think the show was doomed from the second the Tool Juggernaut rolled onto the streets of Reno, and climaxed with the Jackass rushing the stage. I think Maynard deserves more credit than he gets. He has millions of fans around the world with huge expectations from him and when he has a human moment, like he did in Reno, the fans turn on him.

Yes there was a lot of money spent on this show, and the performance didn't even come close to my high expecations. But for a guy pushing his mid forties perhaps dealing with a midlife crisis, I felt he did the best he could in a pithole that struggles with it's idenity as the little brat sister to Vegas. I can guarantee Maynard won't return to Reno (especially thanks to the asswipe who rused the stage), but don't worry Tool, I sure as hell won't either
Old 05-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/30 - Reno, NV - Event Center

My two cents on the dismal performance in Reno. Maynard hates Reno! Simple as that. Maybe he had a bad experience once in Reno and is wearing the grudge like a crown. However it just seems that most Reno natives seem to hate their lives, that's what the common concensus seemed to be amongst other non-natives that I talked with. Angry waitresses, pissed off bartenders, it's like the whole city is one big vaccum sucking up all the positve energy that comes in. I think the show was doomed from the second the Tool Juggernaut rolled onto the streets of Reno, and climaxed with the Jackass rushing the stage. I think Maynard deserves more credit than he gets. He has millions of fans around the world with huge expectations from him and when he has a human moment, like he did in Reno, the fans turn on him.

Yes there was a lot of money spent on this show, and the performance didn't even come close to my high expecations. But for a guy pushing his mid forties perhaps dealing with a midlife crisis, I felt he did the best he could in a pithole that struggles with it's idenity as the little brat sister to Vegas. I can guarantee Maynard won't return to Reno (especially thanks to the asswipe who rused the stage), but don't worry Tool, I sure as hell won't either
OFFLINE |